Firstly I love to wear a print, but my absolute fave is the striped dress or skirt and stripes are back in a BIG way, across all stores and budgets. Dress up your stripes by adding a blazer and a pair of heels. Also, stripes can be an everyday staple as well. For me an essential in any casual wardrobe due to their versatility and practicality. So how to wear your stripes you may ask.
How to style your striped dress this Spring/Summer:
1. On cooler days, throw in a cardy and sandals in a contrasting colour. To keep it interesting add orange or yellow to navy & white stripes and red or pink to black & white stripes.
2. Try a print-clash this is so on trend. A striped dress with a floral scarf or pair up with leopard print sandals.
3. Stripes and denim team so well, throw on a denim jacket or go chambray which is so hot right now.
Tips on how to wear stripes:
In addition, stripes can be flattering as they emphasise curves. If you want to emphasise your top or bottom half and draw attention away from another region, stripes can do this as they create a focal point.
- Anyone can wear stripes. If you don’t want to draw attention to your tummy/waist area, look for swing, A-line and structured top that does not cling.
- Play around with different styles of stripes. The placement and pattern of the stripes can make a difference to the overall look.
- With the exception of a striped dress when wearing stripes, a little can go a long way. A striped top, shoes or scarf can be paired with block coloured basics to shine.
- Work a striped navy and white top back with skinny jeans. A navy blazer and ballet flats for a timeless, chic classic look.
- Don’t be afraid of striped skirts. If you find a flattering shape whether it be a pencil skirt or full skirt, add a simple block coloured top and pair of heels or heeled boots.
- If you are not confident with wearing striped tops or bottoms, consider just adding a striped scarf or pair of shoes to your wardrobe to lift to a basic outfit.
- Colour wise, black and white stripes look fabulous with that pop of yellow, red or pink. Navy and white stripes are a classic look, add a pop of red for a touch of nautical style meets the French Riviera. Other combinations of striped colours such as grey and white stripe can be more casual.
Do you love stripes as much as me? How do you like to wear yours?
|Palazzo Style Stripes|
|Grey & White Stripe a more casual look|
|Stripe Pencil Midi|